About Merchant Taylors' Boys' School (Crosby)
As a relatively small school – with 579 pupils in the Senior School – we know every boy, and the dedicated teaching staff are committed to the individual needs of each child. First impressions are usually the warm, friendly atmosphere and the boys’ happiness and confidence.
We are academically selective but not socially exclusive - one of the strengths of the school is the good mix of pupils and staff. We have a curriculum tailored to meet boys’ needs but at the same time we benefit from close links with our sister school, Merchant Taylors’ Senior Girls' School, housed on the same road as us.
Whilst the academic work is of prime importance (and recent exam results have placed the Boys’ School as one of the best on Merseyside) what happens in the classroom is certainly not the only thing that matters. The boys take part in a great range of extra-curricular activities and we endeavour to provide something suitable for each individual to enjoy.
Extra-curricular activities include:
- Duke of Edinburgh
- Combined Cadet Force (CCF)
- Boating Club
- GTX – Gifted & Talented Xtension which includes activities such as bee-keeping, journalism, illustration, cricket and drama
- Joint School musical and dramatic productions
- Hockey, Cricket, Rugby and Football
- Jazz bands, wind bands, orchestra and choir
- Swimming clubs
- Golf club
- Various trips abroad for most subjects. This summer, some of our Biology A Level students travelled to Mexico to conduct crucial conservation research in its rainforest and beaches.
Sorry. No admissions information has been provided by the school.
Please click to visit their website ( www.merchanttaylors.com) - there should be a section called Admissions which contains all the relevant details.
Sorry. No video has been uploaded by the school.
Sorry. No prospectus has been uploaded by the school.
News from Merchant Taylors' Boys' School (Crosby)
Forthcoming Open Days
Sorry. No Open Day dates have been provided by the school.