About Brentwood Preparatory School
Our pupils achieve excellent results in their academic work. We find that teachers’ high expectations are met with pupils’ enthusiasm. Brentwood pupils are consistently at the top of the field for the National Curriculum tests at age 11, and a large proportion achieve scholarships at the same age.
Every Year Group has teachers who combine expertise in their field with a love of their subject, so lessons are full of energy and depth. With an average class size of 20, staff are able to pay close attention to the development of each child and adapt what they deliver to an individual’s needs. Children who are particularly able in a subject are challenged to go further with their skills and ideas, and those who might be finding something harder to understand are given focused help.
We study all the National Curriculum subjects plus French and Latin. As they move up the School, our pupils are given tasks that require more independent study and research. We also cultivate a sound work ethic in preparation for Senior School. Classroom learning is regularly enhanced with trips and visits around this country and abroad.
Our extensive academic enrichment program provides a wide range of opportunities for students to engage with, instilling a thirst for knowledge in them that remains beyond their time here. There is a range of subject-specific clubs and societies which aims to stimulate and extend students with a particular subject passion as well as some that are more focused on broadening interests and knowledge. Our enrichment provision is inclusive in nature and we encourage all students to take part in activities and societies which they might find interesting. There is something for everyone.
Parents will be billed directly for charges for individual music lessons, LAMDA tuition and optional sports coaching by the respective tutors.
We want you to be sure that Brentwood is right for your child, so we ask you to visit us before registering. Once you have visited and are ready to register then all it takes are a few simple steps;
Below are the main steps of our registration process:
- Make an appointment to visit the school.
- Visit the School and meet the Head of Early Years & Key Stage 1.
- Register your child online or by post, using the links on this page, and pay the non-returnable registration fee of £100.
- Once you have registered you will be invited to attend our Open Day in June and to attend a parents’ information evening in November. We will also arrange an appointment for you to attend a selection interview with your child. All registered candidates are interviewed and offers are made to successful applicants in the February preceding the September of the year of entry.
Admission Ages Admission to Nursery takes place in the September after your child’s third birthday.
- Year One is for children aged five by 31st August in any year.
- Year Two is for children aged six by 31st August in any year.
News from Brentwood Preparatory School
Forthcoming Open Days
Sorry. No Open Day dates have been provided by the school.