About Ballard School
The school is located on a beautiful 32 acre site containing purpose built and modern facilites centred round a 100 year old family house. Situated close to the New Forest and near the coast overlooking the Isle of Wight. Ballard offers fabulous opportunites for children of all interests and abilities. Ballard is fully co-educational and unique in its area by offering classes through Pre-Prep (Nursery to Year 2), Lower Prep (Years 3 - 5) , Upper Prep (Years 6 - 8) and on to Senior School (Years 9 - 11). Whilst a 'through school' there is provision for pupils to sit for grammar school entrance, scholarships or common entrance for transition to senior schools. Classes are small (no more than twenty) and year groups of around 60 children in the Senior school. The holistic drive of the school means there are wonderful facilities (including a Performing Arts Centre, a Sports Hall, three libraries and a swimming pool and international standard astro pitch). Sport, Music, Dance, Drama and Outward Bounds all play a significan part in the education and equipping a Ballard pupil. Leadership opportunities abound, charitable outreach is encouraged and the pastoral care system is strong. A personal visit is a must! Do come and meet the Headmaster, Alastair Reid, and have a pupil-led tour of the school. You will be very warmly welcomed!
Scholarships & Bursaries
Scholarships are available on application for entry into Years 3/4 (Lower Prep), Year 7 (Upper Prep) and Year 9 (Senior).
Bursaries are available from Year 3 and above.
For more information do visit our website http://ballardschool.co.uk/scholarship-and-bursaries.html
Ballard School is a non-selective co-educational school that admits pupils from the ages of 18 month to 16 years. Our full admission policy is set out on the school website (www.ballardschool.co.uk) under Admissions. An abbreviated precis is set out below.
Admission is based on
* A prospective parent visit and a successful meeting between the Headmaster or delegate and the prospective pupil(s).
* The successful completion of a taster day visit (doees not apply to Early Years).
* A satisfactory report from the prospective pupil's previous school, nursery, playgroup or day care centre.
* The completion of a signed declaration by all prospective parents informing the school of any special educational needs. Pupils with learning support needs are not discriminated against.
* The school reserves the right to refuse entry if, in the opinion of the Headmaster and teachers, the school's sturcture does not meet the educational, pastoral and social needs of the pupil(s).
Sorry. No prospectus has been uploaded by the school.
News from Ballard School
Forthcoming Open Days
Sorry. No Open Day dates have been provided by the school.