Parents are advised to register as early as possible as girls are normally assessed in the 12 months prior to entry. However, we are aware that this is not always possible and we would be happy to accept registration closer to the start date if necessary.
We encourage prospective parents and pupils to visit the school individually or on one of our open mornings, the dates of which can be found on our website, www.badmintonschool.co.uk. Please contact the Admissions Department to make an appointment to visit the School and meet the Headmistress.
The usual entry procedure into the Junior School is as follows:
• Visit to the school and a meet with the Head of the Junior School
• Completion and return of the registration form with the non-refundable registration fee (£100)
• Your daughter will be invited to attend a Taster Day where she can ‘experience’ the School and meet girls in her year group, participate in lessons and get a feel for the Badminton community.
• Your daughter will then be assessed during an assessment day, where we will look at every aspect of her abilities in a relaxed environment. Little Acorns attend an informal assessment for one hour, Reception attend for a morning and Juniors attend for a day.
• Where appropriate, we will request a reference from her present school
• A place will be offered or declined
• Once the place had been accepted the full pack of joining instructions is sent