About Moreton First
Moreton First Offers
- Moreton Hall’s co-educational preparatory school for boys and girls aged one to eleven
- Exceptional facilities set in over 100 acres of stunning Shropshire parkland
- First Steps Nursery, for one to three year olds, rated as ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted and the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI)
- A Transition Class - which children enter shortly after their third birthday - offering flexible hours and gentle preparation for Reception
- Small class sizes providing a nurturing environment in which the potential of each child can be achieved
- Specialist teachers offering expertise in all subjects
- A wide variety of after school activities and clubs from horse riding to ornithology
- Flexible en-suite boarding for junior boys and girls in a welcoming family atmosphere
- A varied and stimulating programme of after school and weekend activities
- Common Entrance and scholarship preparation to major senior schools
- Preferential entrance to Moreton Hall for girls
- Holiday clubs and lesson extensions for all school holidays
- Extensive bus routes throughout Shropshire, Cheshire and North Wales
Included in this fee are tuition fees for all those subjects in the school curriculum as well as books and stationery. Boarders fees include laundry. Day Fees include mid-morning break, lunch and tea. Overnight stays for non-boarders cost £47 unless a student is required to stay due to school commitments. Items for which further charge will be made are Public Examination fees, entertainments and expeditions, personal expenses, taxis, etc.
Scholarships & Bursaries
Moreton First offers scholarships to girls and boys in Years 3-6 for Sport, Music, Drama and Academic potential.
A scholarship assessment day is held in March each year although new pupils can be assessed on entry.
There are many students who would both benefit the school and benefit from the school but who may be unable to join Moreton due to financial constraints. As a registered charity we offer a number of means-tested bursaries worth up to the value of 100% of fees to assist such students. If you would like to discuss bursaries further, please contact the Bursary or the Principal.
There is no entrance examination for Moreton First, but diagnostic testing is carried out in the first term. Any pupil who requires it will be given extra help - at no extra cost - from Moreton’s highly praised Learning Support department whilst extra stretch is assured for the more able students.
Sorry. No prospectus has been uploaded by the school.
News from Moreton First
Forthcoming Open Days
Sorry. No Open Day dates have been provided by the school.